A post from the series “A College Girl’s Survival Guide to Being Healthy” by Ashley Bosley.
As a college student, I know that cooking at home is not always convenient. The drive thru after a long night of studying or grabbing something quick and packaged on the way to class is usually the easiest option. Some of you may think it is almost impossible to eat healthy when eating out. But in this post, I’m going to share with you some of my favorite healthy options when I eat out!
Tips When Looking at a Menu:
- Salads are always a good option. Ask for your dressing on the side, so you don’t risk drenched lettuce and pick a vinaigrette or something that is not creamy.
- Go for protein: chicken, beef, and fish.
- Order a sandwich or taco and ask for no bread or tortilla to cut the carbs!
- Chick-fil-A: Grilled Market Salad
- Café Eccell: Greek Salad
- Jimmy John’s: Turkey Club Unwich (No mayo!) You can get any sandwich, just make it an Unwich so there is no bread.
- Fish Daddy’s: Steak with matchstick veggies (no butter) and a sweet potato (no brown sugar or butter)
- Panera Bread: Pick 2 – Half Greek salad and cup of broccoli and cheese soup
- Jason’s Deli: Salad bar and Southwest Chicken Chili
Grilled Market Salad from Chick-fil-A
Unwich from Jimmy John’s
Salad bar and Southwest Chicken Chili from Jason’s Deli
These are just a few of my favorite meals when eating out, and none of them break the bank. It’s all about reading the menu and knowing what to cut or add to make your meal healthier.