Most things green are seen as the “enemy” from an early age, but Brussels sprouts get the reputation of being extra-yucky. As we get older, some begin to appreciate the small, green vegetable, but others still keep a safe distance.
So when I found this recipe for Brussels sprouts with bacon and garlic, I was sold. Put bacon and garlic on and I’ll give it a try!
Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Garlic
Recipe and picture courtesy of Morsels & Musings.
- 10 small Brussels sprouts
- 2 slices of bacon, minced
- 2 garlic gloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- salt and pepper
- Peel off any bad leaves from the Brussels sprouts
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the sea salt.
- Blanch the Brussels sprouts for about 4 minutes, then drain and rinse with cool water.
- Cut sprouts in half, lengthwise.
- Heat olive oil on high. Add bacon and cook 1 minute.
- Add Brussels sprouts and cook until they start to brown at the edges and the bacon crisps.
- Add garlic slices and cook 1 minute until softened.
- Drain sprouts to remove excess oil. Serve hot.