A recipe post from the series “Yessica’s Yummies” by Yessica Saez.
Quinoa is high in protein and fiber, and contains minerals and vitamins that help to improve energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells.
Shrimp and Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1 pound fresh peeled shrimp
- Coconut oil spray
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Season shrimp with Mrs. Dash seasoning blend.
- Heat a greased skillet on medium-high heat.
- Saute all ingredients with shrimp in the skillet until shrimp are cooked.
- Add the quinoa into the skillet and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Mold, garnish and serve.